I would like to clear up a common misconception about me and snow.
I do not dislike snow, per say. I dislike the cold. However, these two tend to go together.
Snow is beautiful. I won't deny that fact. That being said, I am still a warm-weather girl. With growing up in Arizona, my definition of cold begins somewhere in the 50s. (Before you start making fun of that, ask me what my definition of hot is.)
This is the first Christmas break I've spent in Colorado instead of Arizona, and I am beginning to understand what my Colorado friends mean when they say that the cold/snow is different here than it is in Iowa.
In Iowa, once it snows, the snow will (generally) remain until spring. Some of the snow may melt, and more may be added, but the snow itself will remain.
The biggest difference in Colorado is that the sun still works. The temperature may remain below freezing, but if the sun is shining, it feels much warmer. Snow, therefore, will fall, then melt.
And let's not forget the fact that Colorado contains an important element that Iowa lacks. :)
Here is my policy on snow:
Snow belongs on the mountains. That way, one is still able to enjoy the beauty of it. If he wishes to play in it or whatever, he can drive up into the mountains and have the time of his life. Then he can come back down. He does not have to shovel it off of his driveway, risk hitting a patch of ice on the way to Walmart, etc. Therefore, one is not forced to enjoy the snow.
The problem with this theory is that the frozen wasteland I go to school in Iowa has no mountains.
Love this! And I totally agree.
ReplyDelete