...flew back to Iowa from Colorado without having to be wheeled through the airports.
...lost my luggage in the above process.
...started studying for Orals.
...learned that studying with Morgan does not go well for either of us (reading 10 pages in 2 hours is not a good average).
...spent my fourth Iowa winter trying not to freeze to death. (At least the girls got to wear pants until February.)
...did better in the poetry unit of my Creative Writing class than I expected.
...missed my student teaching roommate.
...had an adventurous night when said roommate locked the keys in her car.
...lost the cat who I grew up with for 16+ years.
...had unexpected friends show up on campus.
...enjoyed many, many funny comments made by my niece and nephews.
...survived senior year on very little sleep.
...spent a weekend with family in Minnesota.
...enjoyed my last semester with my Awana girls.
...somehow managed to get sick with a high fever a week before Orals.
...still managed to survival Orals (what's more, I even passed).
...went rollerskating for the first time in years.
...was invited to Spring Banquet by a group of wonderful friends.
...used a Lord of the Rings scene for a devotional opening.
...checked my last Writing Center paper.
...tried (and failed) to convince Iowa that winter does not continue until May.
...enjoyed Spring Banquet despite the snow.
...played Clue in the catacombs.
...crossed going into the catacombs off my Faith bucket list.
...attended my last 7 o'clock class.
...finished my final undergrad exam.
...packed up my room without sorting everything into three different piles depending on whether or not stuff was going into summer storage.
...graduated from college.
...said goodbye to a lot of wonderful college friends.
...agreed to return to Iowa in December. (Hannah, be glad I love you.)
...shoved four years worth of college memories into my parents' minivan.
...drove back to Colorado.
...spent a wonderful week with the entire family to celebrate Mom and Dad's 40th anniversary.
...finally got to watch The Hobbit.
...applied to work at camp.
...finished a project that extended several years--twenty years worth of family videos transferred from VHS to DVD.
...packed up my room in Colorado.
...moved back "home" to Arizona.
...purchased my first car.
...ended up not working at camp.
...began sending out an army of job applications.
...got a Goldy bobblehead at a D-backs game.
...realized that I was not going to be returning to college at the end of the summer.
...learned that I'm going to be an aunt again!
...visited the Grand Canyon for the first time since I was two years old.
...turned 22.
...edited a (now) published book.
...edited a (now) published book.
...continued to look for a job.
...updated my parent's PowerPoint presentation.
...helped my mom choose and name a couple new kittens.
...housesat for a month.
...began checking papers for my brother.
...was hired for a part-time job at Kohl's.
...wrote 50,000 words in one month.
...ignored Daylight Savings Time.
...found a new church home.
...found a new church home.
...spent Thanksgiving with family and friends.
...learned several more reasons why I dislike Black Friday. Having to be at work at 4 o'clock in the morning (therefore leaving the house at 3:30 and being awake by 2:30) being high on that list.
...re-entered Iowa winter for a few days.
...crammed seeing Faith friends, attending a wedding, spending time with family, and attending church at Slater into four days.
...witnessed one of my best friends get married. (I also stole Tim Newman's hat for nearly 24 hours.)
...celebrated the end of my brother's statistic class by going to the new Hobbit movie.
...remembered why I have missed the Gaslight Theatre so much.
...spent a relaxing Christmas sleeping in, opening gifts, fixing Mom and Dad's Wii, and watching White Christmas.
...rang in 2014 with two movies with good friends.




No comments:
Post a Comment