Dear friends,
My heart is full tonight. I wish I had the words to describe what's going on, about what's happening in the lives of people around me, about what's going on in my own heart and mind. But I don't.
I guess, all I can say right now is that we're all on different journeys. We're all at different places in this crazy roller-coaster adventure called life. We only get one shot at it. The Bible describes our life as a "vapor." Like a blink of an eye, it's here and gone so quickly when compared to all of eternity. And yet, this is all we know for the time being.
I wish that, for just a moment, I could see everything from God's side. See how everything fits together in the greater picture. But I can't. I can only see my small, insignificant portion. At times, that just doesn't seem to be enough. And in those times, that's when God says to trust Him. Just like a child with his parent, sometimes the only answer we get is "Because I said so." That's not an answer that usually satisfies all the child's "whys," and it's not an answer I like to get to all my whys. I want to know more than that. I want a peek behind the scenes to see where this portion of my vapor-long life, and the lives of those whom I care about, fits into the grand scheme of eternity. But I don't get to have one.
And so, I'm back where I started. Back to God simply saying, "Trust Me."
And all I can answer is "Okay."
I don't have the words to describe how I'm feeling right now. I'm not even certain I know how I'm feeling. And that's okay. I don't need to. This is where I'm at in my journey, and I don't get to see exactly where it fits into everyone else's journey or even how it fits into my own journey in the future. To quote someone smarter than I, "No one is told any story but their own."* I have to be okay with that and trust that God knows what He is doing, even if I don't.
For those of you who are in a rough spot in your own journey, just know that I'm praying for you. I don't have any answers for you. I wish I did. All I can say is that God knows and He cares. About you. About your journey. Maybe one day in eternity, He'll let us both have a look at that great big picture of His, and then we'll understand. Until then, let's just trust Him together.
*For those who want to know, that's Aslan in The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis.
For those of you who are in a rough spot in your own journey, just know that I'm praying for you. I don't have any answers for you. I wish I did. All I can say is that God knows and He cares. About you. About your journey. Maybe one day in eternity, He'll let us both have a look at that great big picture of His, and then we'll understand. Until then, let's just trust Him together.
*For those who want to know, that's Aslan in The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis.
No comments:
Post a Comment