Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mountains


One of the things I dislike most about Iowa (aside from the weather, which is a whole different topic) is the fact that Iowa is flat.  Now before all of my Iowan friends get defensive, let me say that, yes, Iowa can be beautiful, and yes, Iowa does have hills.  However, compared to the majestic Rocky Mountains, Iowa is flat.


I miss the mountains when I'm at school.  I miss their dark silhouette when the sun sinks behind them.  I miss the colors when the sun sets across from them.


I will soon have to say good-bye to my mountains as I return to Iowa for another semester of college.  The next time I see them, they will probably be covered in snow.  Until then, I will be stuck in flat Iowa where the highest thing is a stock of corn on a slight rise in the terrain.


No comments:

Post a Comment