The sound of a roomful of people praying early in the morning.
The ring of a different accent preaching God's Word each night.
The challenge of knowing that relatively few of the nearly 7,000 languages have a full copy of the Bible.
The question of what one is willing to sacrifice to follow Christ.
The different voices reading Revelation 4 and 5 in 24 languages.
These are the things that stick out in my memory from this year's missions conference, Many Languages One Word.
I have always enjoyed Faith's mission conference. It is a busy time of the school year, and I am always overly ambitious in what I am going to get done, but it is challenging nonetheless.
(All the speakers, plus some of the SMF officers)
The main speakers were Hantz Bernard, who grew up in Hatti; J.D. Enosh, who was on his first trip to the U.S. from India; and Stephen Muindi, who was from Kenya.
I'm not going to lie; I loved their accents. All of them spoke English very well, but each one had a distinct accent. Their messages were challenging and convicting. If you were not at the conference, I would suggest going to Faith.edu to listen to the audio of the messages.
Unfortunately, now I need to work on everything I didn't get done last week but probably should have.
(Thanks to Joylynn for the pictures.)
(All the speakers, plus some of the SMF officers)
The main speakers were Hantz Bernard, who grew up in Hatti; J.D. Enosh, who was on his first trip to the U.S. from India; and Stephen Muindi, who was from Kenya.
I'm not going to lie; I loved their accents. All of them spoke English very well, but each one had a distinct accent. Their messages were challenging and convicting. If you were not at the conference, I would suggest going to Faith.edu to listen to the audio of the messages.
Unfortunately, now I need to work on everything I didn't get done last week but probably should have.
(Thanks to Joylynn for the pictures.)
No comments:
Post a Comment