Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Senior

I'm a college senior.

When in the world did that happen?

Campus is filled with the activities of the first week of school:  syllabus shock, buying books, figuring out class schedules and financial aid.  I watch all the freshman and wonder where the past three years have gone.  It doesn't seem that long ago since I was one of them, trying to figure out college life.

Then I look at my fellow seniors.  We were the crazy freshman class of '09 that pulled pranks on Mr. LaFleur in Music Appreciation.  We were the sophomore class we thought might scare away the next freshman class.  We were the junior class that suddenly seemed very tiny.  We're still the same, yet we are also different.  We've matured.

It's almost scary to look back at the seniors I remember from freshman year and to realize that I am now one of them.  At the time, they seemed so mature, so knowledgeable.  Is that how this year's freshman see me?

One more year.  One more year filled with studying, late nights, and lots of Mountain Dew.  One more year of daily chapels and weekly SMF meetings.  One more year to be an example and encouragement to those around me.

Senior year.  Bring it on.

1 comment: