Wow, three posts in one week! I guess this is what happens when I read an under 200 page book. I end up posting two book reviews in a matter of five days.
The basic plot line of The Emperor's Soul, by Brandon Sanderson, is fairly simple: Shai has 100 days to do the impossible. If she fails, the price will be her own life.
Although I didn't, I easily could have read the entire book in one sitting. This fantasy genre story is engaging, and the magic system of Forging is fascinating. Although set in the same world as Elantris, Sanderson's first published novel, one does not need to have that background to enjoy The Emperor's Soul as the only references I noticed are country names; a "southern ambassador in red priest's armor"; and the ruin Reo, which I had to grab a copy of Elantris to remind myself of its meaning. In other words, standard Brandon Sanderson fantasy.

No comments:
Post a Comment